[nggallery id=46] Matthews offers a variety of marking and coding technologies to meet the requirements set by the Produce Traceability Initiative (PTI) . The Produce Traceability Initiative (PTI) is an industry-led movement to create consistent traceability guidelines for the produce community. The goal of the PTI is have case level traceability and to achieve this the PTI suggests a Global Trade Item Number (GTIN). GTIN is a unique number that identifies trade items as they move through the global supply chain to the ultimate end-user.
How can Matthews help? We provide the level of traceability you need to comply with these standards, while improving code quality and reliability. Traceability allows you to provide the freshest product available, while reducing costs associated with product recall and inventory management. Our printing technology allows you to replace labels and print directly onto your case(s) or carton(s).
Our Viacode high resolution inkjet printers allow you to print on demand and replace adhesive labels, lowering your cost-per-mark dramatically.
- Cost-per-mark is 25 times less expensive than labels
- New control platform for easy command of multiple printers and production lines
- Seamlessly integrates into your existing production lines
- Without labels or ribbons, you can reduce changeover downtime
- Print traceability codes at various sizes
- Brand on demand